Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Horchata!


Horchata is one of my favorite drinks, and I really like making it too. I figured my last post may leave some wanting for a little Hispanic flare seeing as how today is Cinco de Mayo and all, I thought I'd post my recipe for this light and delicioso drink. Enjoy!


1 C uncooked, white long-grain rice

5 C water 1/2 cup milk

1/2 T vanilla extract

1/2 T ground cinnamon

2/3 C white sugar


Pour the rice and the water into the a blender; blend until rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute. Let the rice and water stand at room temperature for a min of 3 hrs. Strain rice water with a cheesecloth into a pitcher and discard the leftover rice. Stir in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water. Chill and stir before serving over ice.


Horchata is sooooooooooo good!

No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers