Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bonjour! EDITED

Well I suppose it's time for a new post, don'tcha tink? After all, it is a very important day. Why, you ask? Because of this and this. Can hardly wait to see how they rule. But word is that they aren't going to overturn it - I can't believe that this is even an issue! I realize that for as far as we have come in terms of social justice, we still have a long way to go, but for goodness' sake! It is unconstitutional! And SHAME on religious groups saying that it isn't a matter of whether being gay is right or wrong and that it's only about the definition of marriage. So fucking what, if it's the definition of a word?! The claim that your children will suddenly be subject to the gay "agenda" because two people are allowed to commit to one another legally and have the same RIGHTS that you enjoy is asinine! Just asinine! Grow up, people. Grow. Up.

Anyway, on other news, I am finally done with the spring semester and am enjoying the short break before I start summer school. Statistics. I have full hope that I will be able to understand and apply what I learn as sociology utilizes statistics in all facets. Then it's off to university!!!!! Yay! It has been a long time coming. I have had to prepare and learn and get up-to-speed from a place of not knowing how to do much beyond long division. I have gained so much knowledge about everything from chemistry to anthropology. It has been wonderful and I am grateful for all I have learned and experienced. I discovered the love of my life (sociology) and have set out on a path to attain the dream of being a professor. I have grown to love the academic environment and have found that that is where I want to spend my career. I love learning and would very much like to be able to pass that along to students.

So I'm just taking care of the various red tape items in preparation for university. It is both exciting and scary. I may have to adjust how many classes I can take as I may need to get another job here (making that job # 3), but that's just how it is these days. I hope to be able to grade for a professor or something of the sort. We shall see.

Happy day to you all.

UPDATE:

F you to all you bastards who voted for the ban on gay marriage in the first place.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers