Sunday, March 29, 2009

Long Time No Post

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Along with being busy with several different projects and chores clinging to my ankles (preparing the garden for April planting {I hereby promise pictures shortly}, baking some goodies with the kiddos {Elvis' favorite pound cake}, doing a bit of spring cleaning, trying to get a head start on my next papers, trying to have a romantic and social life), I've also just been trying to vegetate. After that 30-page paper of mine my brain was fried.

But the weekend included several trips to the pool (great for letting the kiddies blow off some steam and great for startin' ma tan), lots of fun sleepovers and playdates (am I the only mom who hates that word? When I was a kid we used to just "play" - now it's all about the schedule of things... *sigh*), and generally just enjoying the lovely sunshine and time with family.

Alongside all of this, I've been doing a lot of soul searching, too. Mostly this consists of trying to define and solidify who I am, which in turn consists of finding out what I do and don't like and allowing room for changes. I seem to have a lot of interests that really don't fit well together and I think this is what creates the dissonance inside for me. It's really quite frustrating, actually. Thus the soul searching. I am trying to find out who I am. But I also believe that this is a lifelong persuit, it's not an event and it's not something that only takes place in one's youth. I believe that if a person isn't constantly evolving (with certain values, etc. as pillars that are mainstays) then they aren't being honest with themselves, or at the very least are missing out on life. As Socrates once said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." And I agree.

So here's to all of us. To the search, the path, the changes, and the growth. As long as I (and we) are honest with my- ourselves, we really can't go wrong. At least I believe this to be true.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers