Monday, March 9, 2009

The LDS church, or, Mormons

This video is an interesting and respectful panel discussion that took place at Harvard Hillel a few weeks back between I think 4 or 5 Harvard students of 4 or 5 faiths, among them was a young LDS girl who did a fine job answering questions and explaining things about her faith.

Over the past few years, I have had a keen interest in the LDS church and although I already knew the answers to these particular questions, I thought I'd give you fine people who read my blog the chance to hear an eloquent woman answer some common questions about the church.

I still don't allow comments. Perhaps I will at some point in the future, but for now, just watch and enjoy. Email me personally if you have any burning questions (I am not a practicing Mormon, but I know quite a bit about the church) or go to their websites here and here.


Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

EDIT:

Someone wrote to me asking why I would post this video and links to official LDS websites.

Because I believe people should educate themselves about the world in which they live. There are many things that I don't follow or practice or believe, but I learn about them, I give them a moment of my time, I observe and form my opinions and beliefs thereon. You can't claim to know something if you're unwilling to look it in the eye.

Period.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers