Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's a Sad, Sad Day Indeed

Bad news, my friends. Very, very bad news. One of the greatest movies of all time is most unfortunately being remade, which in and of itself is already a crapper, but to make matters even worse, they've already slotted Tom Cruz to play the main, and coolest, role. Yes, I'm talking about the remake of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

*sigh* I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this story. As evidenced here, this is one of my all-time favorites, and there are countless reasons why. Two of the main reasons are that two of the best actors the silver screen has ever been graced by star in this film. I am of course talking about Robert Redford and the late Paul Newman. Why oh why in the name of all things good was Tom Cruz picked to play Sundance? I mean, Brad Pitt? Yes. Tom Cruz? No. Even if they made it into a comedy with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson that would be okay. But this, really not OK.

At least we still have the original. I refuse to pollute my good memory with a new "improved" version.

Hey Hollywood! Get some damn originality! Stop doing remakes of the classics for money! Actually hire a good writer or two. It did you good in the past. Oh yeah, that's right. There aren't any good writers anymore. Only the ones who produce mindless drivel or shoddy remakes. pfft.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers