Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today's Goodness


Ah yes, the French Press. The only way that I make my coffee in the mornings. It's not that I think it is bad, per se, to use a coffee maker, but I just really like the ultra fresh flavor that comes from coffee brewed in a French Press.

Now that I have plenty of experience using it for coffee, I am going to look into brewing small batches of chai in it. I am not sure if it will work, actually, because every recipe I've read for making chai at home calls for the spices to be boiled for a time so as to fully release all flavors. We shall see. Today, in fact, I am off to one of my favorite local markets to see if I can't find all the spices I need to make me a batch of chai. I am really excited to try! Also, we have these most wonderful neighbors who keep bringing us tamales and other culinary goodness so I am going to bake them a batch of my Pumpkin Crumbles.

Got my work cut out for me, so off I go!

No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers